Bonswa, My Friends:
That’s “Good Afternoon” in Creole. I pray this prayer letter finds you doing well in the Lord! I am leaving for Haiti next Thursday and wanted to ask for your prayer support. Without Jesus’ blessing I can’t do anything of lasting value, but with a strong prayer brigade I trust wonderful things will be accomplished!
I was reminded this week of the Apostle Paul’s call to Macedonia (recorded in the Book of Acts, chapter 16). It was an extraordinary beginning of the Church on the continent of Europe! An amazing vision, a humble prayer meeting, and a storm of opposition were the circumstances. Our missionary Savior, who came to seek and to save that which was lost and so build His Church, was mightily at work! Jesus directed Paul, Silas, and Timothy to Philippi, He opened Lydia’s heart to the Gospel, overpowered Satan’s obstacles, and brought a jailer and his family to saving faith as charter members of the new congregation.
Please pray for an extraordinary beginning to a new MINTS Study Center in Bohoc, Haiti. With God all things are possible! I look forward to sharing fruits of the trip with you in a couple weeks upon my return. For know, please lift these bullet points before the throne of grace – it’s the Mission Control center in heaven:
- God’s protection over my travels and family Sept. 3-8
- Pastors Georges Cadet and Fred Delauriers who will serve as Coordinators of the Study Center, and others who with them will form the Study Center Committee
- God’s wisdom in meetings next weekend to get the Committee established
- Guidance in recruiting and registering students for the new school
- God’s Spirit to anoint every dimension of the trip and bring encouragement to our brethren in Haiti
Please pray DAILY, and remember the people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic TODAY who are in the path of Hurricane Erika! God be with you and bless you for partnering in this work.
All for Jesus,